Fresh back to my room from Day 1 at SMX Advanced and wanted to jot down some headlines from the different sessions I sat in today. I chose to focus mostly on SEO today, after watching Gary Illyes of Google speak, and prioritize speed, AMP, and Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
My sessions after the Q&A with Gary were SEO Factors, Local Search Tactics, PPC Targeting (Not SEO), the future of SEO. Below are some key headlines to pass on from today to make sure you stay on top of things moving forward.
- Your site should have AMP integration.
- Speed will be pushed hard once Google finishes mobile first indexing
- You need to be mobile friendly NOW! Any day now the algorithm goes mobile first and you are in trouble if you aren’t
- Ads eating up more and more of local search. Need to prepare to include paid in all plans
- Content is King: Top ranking pages average over 1500 words. 500 is the minimum.
- Amazing new ways to target with Google Adwords campaigns.
- SEO dies every year. People have been searching since the beginning of time and will be tomorrow.
More to come. We have lots of tweaks and shifts to make with all of our SEO plans, adjusting priorities, getting our technical sides up to date and building the most efficient links for clients. SEO is an exciting world and it is fun to stay on top of it.
Leave A Comment