- Specific title tags: < 55 characters <title>Freehold NJ SEO Consultant – Monmouth County</title>
- Use for blog posts as well. Each post is a chance to target a new search concept
- Post about industry targets, geographic targets, specific services someone might search for
- As your site gets stronger, your blog posts are an opportunity to use that strength to show up for specific search terms. A post about a job you did in a specific market you don’t have a page for, etc.
- Install Google analytics and Search Console: analytics.google.com
- Analytics and Google Search Console will tell you where and how you get traffic and if you have any problems with your Google relationship.
- Once you have analytics installed, you can set up Search Console via verification here:
- If you are running Adwords and Local Business listings, you should connect them all to this same account.
- You can link your Adwords to your Analytics for better analysis
- Information here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en
- Pay Attention to Site Speed and Mobile Friendliness (Strive for 2 second rule)
- Google Page Speed Insights in analytics
- Google has a tool to tell each page speed and mobile friendliness scores
- Secure links from your current relationships:
- Despite all the updates to punish bad links, good links still matter and are the key to the strength of your site.
- Make sure your organizational memberships (chamber, industry associations, etc.), community involvement, articles about your business, have links to your site.
- Think about ways to bake in gaining links to your marketing process: Sponsorships, Clients, Contests, etc.
- Claim your listings in Google, Yelp, etc. and secure reviews:
- Make sure you are consistent with Name, Address, and Phone number (NAP).
- The more consistent NAP’s out there the better; changes cause a complete mess.
- Reviews may be the links of the future.
- https: vs http: Google is pushing for secure sites
- Plan on getting an SSL certificate. It matters in organic search.
- Very important: When you get an SSL, you need to do 301 redirects from all of your pages to their https version.
- Build Schema into your site where appropriate
- See here for how to implement to get a head start on competitors
- BONUS: AVOID SCAMS
- SEO takes time: Instant SEO results only work in very rare situations. That is likely not you!
- Never hire a company that owns your site, domain, or phone number
- It will not be easy to get it back.
- SEO is about separating from the pack. Don’t do cookie cutter plans.
8 Tactics to Boost Your SEO Rankings in 2017
Google Certified Partner and SEM Specialist
A basic, but important checklist to build in to your SEO plans for 2017. 8 important aspects of SEO that you should have on your radar.
Leave A Comment