With the election upon us and all of us likely feeling that our souls are a little dirty from all of this, I wanted to provide help and give you something else to do on election night to keep your attention away from the craziness. On Wednesday morning we will wake up to a new president. On Tuesday night we can at least feel good about ourselves and humanity one last time. I’ve put together a little list of documentaries that I would recommend if you need a little something to lift the soul a little bit and some great people to show that there are still wonderful people out there in this world. I also added some links at the end to some other lists of uplifting documentaries. I feel better knowing there are real people out there doing wonderful things to help the world.
- Born In To Brothels – Inspiring story of people helping the children born to mothers in the brothels in India.
- God Grew Tired of US – Inspiring story of three boys escaping a dangerous existence to start a new live in America.
- Happy People – Living in the middle of nowhere and with only the simplest things, these people are inspiring in their contentedness.
- Happy – The story of being happy.
- The Peoples Crisis – Story of people taking risks and making sacrifices to try to get people out of North Korea.
- Medal of Honor – Heroic Americans showing bravery to save others on the battlefields.
- The Champions – The story of the Michael Vick dogs and the people that dedicated themselves to rescue them.
For you junkies that need even more to take you through to the next election, here are some lists of uplifting or motivational flicks.
- LifeHack Inspirational Movies
- Robin Clark List of Movies to make you inspired.
- Inspirational Docs from Addicted2Success